Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 274
Posts: 274   Pages: 28   [ Previous Page | 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 199234 times and has 273 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Help Conquer Cancer Crunching Chart

Wow! The chart just keeps going higher.

[Nov 10, 2012 6:31:23 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dskagcommunity
Senior Cruncher
Austria
Project Badges:

Does it takes now two times gpu time and stay with the orginal cpu time per wu ? Or is the cpu time now two times too?
----------------------------------------
http://www.research.dskag.at
Crunching for my Dog who had "good" Braincancer.

[Nov 10, 2012 11:17:00 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
branjo
Master Cruncher
Slovakia
Project Badges:

Still simple images. As uplinger wrote in other thread, they will start sending double images tasks in 2 - 3 days.

Crunching@Home since January 13 2000. Shrubbing@Home since January 5 2006

[Nov 10, 2012 1:25:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
branjo
Master Cruncher
Slovakia
Project Badges:

Cool and thanks for taking time to be this involved in a public forum.
I don't particuliarly care about the points either way :) Cancer is a project that I care about and follow boinc projects that do related research. I'll be here for the duration of HCC1, both to speed up the science as well as my Team rank, and mine if it works out that way. lol.
I should have put something into my previous post to delineate my response to you and the rest of devoted rambling :)
Sorry... HCC project is doing great things. 1st to embrace the GPU power in this type research.
For The Cure !!!

HPF2 WCG sub-project might also be worth crunching to speed up cancer fight peace

[Nov 10, 2012 1:27:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

Does it takes now two times gpu time and stay with the orginal cpu time per wu ? Or is the cpu time now two times too?

The short answer is, if you ran a GPU unit for a total time of 5 minutes, the double image work units will take 10 minutes now. It processes each image in serial.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Nov 10, 2012 1:47:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dskagcommunity
Senior Cruncher
Austria
Project Badges:

ok thx for the answer :)
http://www.research.dskag.at
Crunching for my Dog who had "good" Braincancer.

[Nov 10, 2012 1:55:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Simplex0
Advanced Cruncher
Sweden
Project Badges:

Simplex0,

I am sorry that releasing a new application and version in beta caused your app_info file to cause your machine to run dry. This was not the intent of releasing a test for enhancing the application. As said before our stance on customizing app_info is not officially supported at this time. My personal experience with modifying the file is basically non-existant. Users modifying the app_info file is something new to the World Community Grid environment so it will be a learning curve for us on our end.

Also, generally on releasing an application we do not post about it before it happens. This is because there are things on the backside or other priorities that could change the release schedule and version. We mostly announce after something has been released as we know it is completed. We are going to work on releasing 7.05 to production today. But again, if something pops up and that number changes, we'll let everyone know in the application release forum post.

Thanks,
-Uplinger

Thank you Uplinger, just do your best to keap us updated on the release of new applications, I have deselect the 'run beta' to stop this from happen again.
[Nov 10, 2012 3:12:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

I have to run CPU WUs... I'm seeing v7.05 HCC WUs starting to show up in the queue. I'll probably start to crunch them by tomorrow afternoon. They seem to be larger:

Application ....................... To completion
Help Conquer Cancer 6.56 -> 1:39:41
Help Conquer Cancer 7.05 -> 2:10:18

CJSL

[UPDATE 11/11/12]: It took the BOINC manager a little while to figure it out... so far not much time difference for CPU crunching... maybe increased a tad.

Crunching for a better tomorrow....
I follow the Gimli philosophy: "Keep breathing. That's the key. Breathe."
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cjslman at Nov 11, 2012 10:55:19 PM]
[Nov 10, 2012 10:41:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
branjo
Master Cruncher
Slovakia
Project Badges:

It could be just a Boinc Manager mess confused

[Nov 10, 2012 10:54:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I have to run CPU WUs... I'm seeing v7.05 HCC WUs starting to show up in the queue. I'll probably start to crunch them by tomorrow afternoon. They seem to be larger:

Application ....................... To completion
Help Conquer Cancer 6.56 -> 1:39:41
Help Conquer Cancer 7.05 -> 2:10:18

CJSL

Crunching for a better tomorrow....

There is some variability in the size of the units. I have probably run through over 100 of the 7.05 ones, which are still the single image. They are showing times from about 1:10:00 to 2:30:00. Some are just harder to crunch is all. The double image units won't show up for another day or two, probably Monday.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Nov 11, 2012 2:36:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 274   Pages: 28   [ Previous Page | 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread