Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3141
Posts: 3141   Pages: 315   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 392290 times and has 3140 replies Next Thread
Sport
Veteran Cruncher
USofA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
applause Re: 1 million points

Good job Tom...SeriousCrunchers and all interested parties....just to let you know; there are some MAJOR CHANGES happening at home
>>>>SeriousCrunchers.net<<<< Stop in on your way by, and say "HI". Everyone is welcome!
----------------------------------------

[Jul 12, 2009 12:27:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Royden
Senior Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:
Look at all the Colors

When I wasn't looking someone dumped a whole rainbow of paint on my Badges!

Kind of cool that they have a wider scope of levels now, although the Bronze, Silver & Gold was a lot easier to understand.

What is everyones opinions of the Red Green and Blue Badges?

[Jul 16, 2009 3:39:00 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Look at all the Colors

Glow in the dark option required.. biggrin

For those wondering 'what's going on with SC',, we have been busy.

Anchor members at the WCG hold down the forte whilst us noobs to the team expand the frontiers..

Full story here.. SC@FreeDC

Do have a good day all.. good luck
[Jul 17, 2009 9:42:59 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Johnny Cool
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Glow in the dark option required.. biggrin

For those wondering 'what's going on with SC',, we have been busy.

Anchor members at the WCG hold down the forte whilst us noobs to the team expand the frontiers..

Full story here.. SC@FreeDC

Do have a good day all.. good luck

Heya Orakk!

Team Andrax Co-Captain
Free-DC Stats
Join Team Andrax at WCG
[Jul 17, 2009 3:24:08 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

That I don't have enough of them......
[Jul 24, 2009 10:50:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Royden
Senior Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

That I don't have enough of them......

Couple of tips for making points (or run-time that the badges are for)

1) When you replace computers, you can't go wrong with lots of cores, and hyper threading doubles that. A single i7 quad core processor can generate 8 days of run time per day. (I think they have mini time machines built into them or something. confused )

2) Arrange your old computers around your house, and use them on cold days as heating. (I find my increase in electrical bill, roughly matches a decrease in my gas bill, and every time I fill my car, I want to find ways to get back at the gas company tongue ).

3) Get a friend (preferably a very competitive one), to join the WCG, for some reason, every time one of you upgrades your computers the other sees the reason too, before long you have an impressive array of computers in your house. biggrin (I currently have about a hundred thousand (Boinc credit) lead, but he is gaining by about a thousand a day, I will have to upgrade again soon. crying )

[Jul 26, 2009 4:03:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Royden,

All good tips but you left out my most pressing issue - the lack of money to upgrade :P

Right now it's too hot here in balmy, tropical, Nova Scotia to run the project, as my computer kicks out major heat while crunching.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 28, 2009 4:48:03 PM]
[Jul 28, 2009 4:47:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Royden
Senior Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

Royden,

All good tips but you left out my most pressing issue - the lack of money to upgrade :P

Right now it's too hot here in balmy, tropical, Nova Scotia to run the project, as my computer kicks out major heat while crunching.

Hmm, money is a bit of a problem here as well, hence why I am waiting to upgrade.

But if you can't wait 3 ways to get rich quick.

1) Monkey Paw (Still looking, starting to loose hope)
2) Lotto (Thinking finding the Monkey Paw is more likely)
3) Grow op (I personally would not go there, but it is the BC thing)

laughing

If any of the above work out for you, then the heat is not an issue as you will be able to afford air conditioning.

[Jul 29, 2009 8:53:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sport
Veteran Cruncher
USofA
Project Badges:
Re: 1 million points

I just want to let everyone know that TomSKinney just got his first million points.... Congrats and on to the next million....

Big Congratz Tom, it a little late. :)

Sorry to be so late to respond. Great Job Tom !!!

You and GiveItAShot and Royden and the others that crunch WCG are the back bone of SeriousCrunchers@ WCG ...and for that I, on behalf of all SeriousCrunchers Boinc Wide Thank you!!!!

SC has diversified to the point where it is difficult to address all issues great, small, or negative ....but we try!!!....swing on by<<<<The Homestead >>>> and let us know how things are going for you; and if there is anything we can do to make your SeriousCruncher experience better!!!

This is a really diversified and special team ...and we all salute each other, as each member is important and special for the benefit of the team!! Crunch On

[Aug 6, 2009 1:47:49 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sport
Veteran Cruncher
USofA
Project Badges:
Re: 1 million points

a lot of topic but..

..Base Campers..or those that want to be; should check in at Base Camp things are astir

[Aug 15, 2009 10:18:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 3141   Pages: 315   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread