Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 603
Posts: 603   Pages: 61   [ Previous Page | 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 142215 times and has 602 replies Next Thread
Mysteron347
Senior Cruncher
Australia
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: The Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy Crunching Chart

I wouldn't leave it too long, breathesgelatin.

I'm far more optimistic. On Dec 11th, I commented that we'd reached batch 1129. 72 days later, and I'm crunching child units in the 1530s. That's 400 batches in 72 days, with 720 left to go.

Oh, sure - the batches are all different lengths BUT look at the current status page and you'll see that the delivery rate has nearly tripled from the early days.

Calculating at a delivery rate of 2.7% per fortnight and 40% to go, if we could knock over units at that rate, with only ~710 to go, we could be finished in six months or so, so I'll tip late October...
[using either 2.7%/fn or 400batches/72 days]

We started on the homeward leg in December. Cape Horn (batch 1592) is looming... More sail! More sail!

[fortnight] is used outside of USA and literally means "a period of fourteen nights (as distinct from archaic "sennight" meaning se'en nights) Sadly, the term 'bi-weekly' sometimes used in the US can mean each 2 weeks or twice a week, depending on how you were brought up...
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Mysteron347 at Feb 22, 2011 6:21:36 AM]
[Feb 22, 2011 6:17:14 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
breathesgelatin
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

thanks, Mysteron & Sek for your remarks and data.

Mysteron, that's basically what I myself was extrapolating. If we do get three genuinely big new projects that are not feeder-limited or intermittent in 2011, I could see how this project could extend so long... but it just seems to be going very fast at the moment. May have to switch power there soon.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by breathesgelatin at Feb 23, 2011 4:23:50 AM]
[Feb 23, 2011 4:23:16 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

On a related note, is the old Gantt chart still updated anywhere? I can't find it anymore...
[Feb 23, 2011 1:55:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mysteron347
Senior Cruncher
Australia
Project Badges:

Do you mean this one, beat_me500?
[Feb 23, 2011 2:57:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Do you mean this one, beat_me500?

Not that one (but that link is interesting as well).

I was referring to the chart with all projects and their expected completion dates. It had big colorful sideways bars. smile
[Feb 23, 2011 4:27:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
deltavee
Ace Cruncher
Texas Hill Country
Project Badges:

beat_me500, I think you can find it here. But it is two months old so may no longer be as accurate.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/...ead,30513_offset,0#306170

[Feb 23, 2011 4:46:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

That's the one.

Thanks!

Even through it's a bit rough, it still helps with longer term planning.
[Feb 23, 2011 5:18:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Freshly pressed: Statistics updated on 2011 March 4th : 62.43%.

Just 0.08% below my Chart estimate dancing

(Looked several times this weekend but did not see it.. 't must have been the tip of nose interference ;).

--//--
[Mar 7, 2011 1:14:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

At this rate, the project should be finished in 6-7 months (or less), what do you think?
[Mar 7, 2011 6:57:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
deltavee
Ace Cruncher
Texas Hill Country
Project Badges:

It looks like it is trending to more like 10-12 months.

[Mar 7, 2011 7:07:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 603   Pages: 61   [ Previous Page | 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread