Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5455 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
NixChix
Veteran Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused 4 Type-C WUs with Hard Crash at Start

I found my computer with BOINC essentailly stopped, with 4 crash windows up (quad core) stating wcg_dddt2_charmm_6.17_windows_intelx86 has encountered a problem and needs to close. I pressed debug on one and nothing happened except the the WU, ts06_b007_pr34b1_1 , failed with computation error and the next WU started.
The other three WUs (ts06_b001_pr78a1_1 , ts06_b002_pr45b1_0 , and ts06_b002_pr56b1_1 ) are still frozen until I click something. Is there something anyone wants to look at before I clear the error and allow BOINC to report back with the errors?

Cheers coffee

[edited 3 for better clarity, I'm sick this morning; remove high-priority]
----------------------------------------

[Edit 4 times, last edit by NixChix at Apr 12, 2010 12:14:49 AM]
[Apr 11, 2010 5:59:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher
Re: 4 Tpe-C WUs with Hard Crash at Start - ''pr'' type ONLY!!!!!!!

Hi NixChix,

Just back, quick peruse of the DDDT2 forum seeing all pr instantaniously failing 1 sec into the job. Those who have them rather you let them crash than abort as that I think will add 1 copy extra to the distribution. It nowadays stops after the 5th returned error, then usually with the last 2 returned also going into error.

Fortunately in the quick read, Uplinger let these special verifiers loose in limited edition. Had 2 just coming inbetween a fresh load of HFCC and HCC and put ahead they did same.

--//--

edit: 1 of the thread x-links http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,28859
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sekerob at Apr 11, 2010 6:42:12 PM]
[Apr 11, 2010 6:26:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jason1478963
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:
Re: 4 Tpe-C WUs with Hard Crash at Start

I have had similar problems on my quad with some ts06. It may even be what corrupted my ubuntu boinc install on my fastest quad.

[Apr 11, 2010 6:29:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

This is a known "bug", you can find several posts in several freds...

I had more than 30 of those. It's the c-type ts06_b, and it seems, that all pr wu's are affected of this.
[Apr 11, 2010 6:36:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Jason1478963,

Crashing workunits should not lead to corrupted BOINC installations. If it would, a plain project reset in BOINC manager would freshen the control xml files. If you had too many workunits cached then them crashing all, it leads to the server marking your PC as unreliable. Since the pr are intermixed with pe/se/ps work units that though is unlikely.

edit: installations and address of member name.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Sekerob at Apr 11, 2010 6:43:25 PM]
[Apr 11, 2010 6:36:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NixChix
Veteran Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

I have be re-reading all the posts about WU crashes (there have been many) to see if any are similar to mine. If this problem has already been encountered and has been debugged, I'll just let BOINC continue and report in as usual. Right now I've got the processes in limbo and the crash files are still available.

Cheers coffee

[Edit 1 times, last edit by NixChix at Apr 11, 2010 6:48:51 PM]
[Apr 11, 2010 6:43:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NixChix
Veteran Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:
Re: 4 Type-C WUs with Hard Crash at Start

I allowed 2 of the crashed WUs to report back. They have exit code 1282 (0x502). Should I let the other 2 go and return back to full speed cruching?

Cheers coffee

[Apr 11, 2010 7:28:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher
Re: 4 Type-C WUs with Hard Crash at Start

Yes, time will be credited if they last longer than a second.
[Apr 11, 2010 7:31:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread