Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 314
Posts: 314   Pages: 32   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 163417 times and has 313 replies Next Thread
Jim1348
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Windows Launch still July 17th?

If on a 64 bit OS, you might consider looking at getting a 64 bit BOINC compile. Some things that are then processing faster.

Aren't there problems with the 6.10.xx on WCG?

I was having the well-known problem with HPF2 terminating early when running BOINC 6.10.56 64-bit under Win7 64-bit, so I switched to 6.2.28 and that solved it. But I just started using BOINC 6.10.58 64-bit a couple of days ago, and no problems yet, though that is more likely due to changes in HPF2. (This is on a dual-core E8400.)
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jim1348 at Jul 17, 2010 12:21:47 PM]
[Jul 17, 2010 12:20:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cw64
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Now might be a good time to switch then. ty for the info Jim.

Back on OT. It's the 17th, I take it noone (win) has gotten any CEP2's?
Today would be a good day for some official news biggrin

[Jul 17, 2010 1:58:00 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Well known problem with HPF2 terminating early?

I did not see any of this and I am running with 6.10.56. My only active WUs at this time are for CMD2 and HFCC (meaning CMD2 is really the only active one). I only have about 18 days (calendar) before I get to two years for CMD2, and then I will remove it from my chosen projects and I will see what is available then to add to the list.
[Jul 17, 2010 4:44:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Also, if Windows launch is July 17, that's today. What is the status of CEP2 for Windows?
[Jul 17, 2010 5:07:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GIBA
Ace Cruncher

Also, if Windows launch is July 17, that's today. What is the status of CEP2 for Windows?

Good question. I think that we will have some info from WCG team today, if delayed or not... just waiting for !

thinking peace good luck coffee
Cheers ! GIB@ peace coffee
Join BRASIL - BRAZIL@GRID team and be very happy !
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=DF99KT5DN1

[Jul 17, 2010 5:24:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jim1348
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Well known problem with HPF2 terminating early?

I did not see any of this and I am running with 6.10.56. My only active WUs at this time are for CMD2 and HFCC (meaning CMD2 is really the only active one). I only have about 18 days (calendar) before I get to two years for CMD2, and then I will remove it from my chosen projects and I will see what is available then to add to the list.

Here is one of the discussions, but there are others.
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,26706

You usually have to be running a multi-core processor under a 64-bit Windows OS to see it, and it occurs for a certain combination of projects that I don't recall at the moment. But the basic problem was in HPF2, which seems to be fixed with the latest version.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jim1348 at Jul 17, 2010 9:08:02 PM]
[Jul 17, 2010 9:05:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I am running an AMD Phenom II X6 (hexa-core) processor with Windows 7 64-bit and BOINC client 6.2.28. Still dont see the projcet showing up in my client. :(

2010-07-17 23:09:09|World Community Grid|Message from server: The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2 is not available for your type of computer.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 17, 2010 9:12:38 PM]
[Jul 17, 2010 9:11:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JSYKES
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

I, like so many others, would really like to run some WU's for CEP2 but I'm starting to think that I might change one of my boxes over to Linux, just to get started (and some points added to the tally), the suspense is not doing me any good at all!!!

Can anyone who is running CEP2 under Linux suggest a viable set-up to run on a multi-core OC i7? Many thanks.

[Jul 17, 2010 9:16:56 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:

Personal opinion, comforted by the reports of many others: install Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx for codenames lovers) in dual boot (it does it well by itself over a Windows installation) and once it is running fine use Synaptic the package manager to install BOINC. It will install BOINC as a daemon (same as service for Windows) and you will simply have to attach to WCG to get it crunching.

You will find Synaptic in System->Administration, and BOINC Manager in Applications->System Tools once BOINC has been installed.

Good luck. Jean.
Team--> Decrypthon -->Statistics/Join -->Thread
[Jul 17, 2010 9:40:04 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I refuse to install Linux just to be able to run this project. I will wait for them to support Windows.
[Jul 17, 2010 9:43:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 314   Pages: 32   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread