Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 230
Posts: 230   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 70947 times and has 229 replies Next Thread
alver
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Only 52 left....

Agreed with all those who have said "never give up until it's over". More than once in the past, I've dropped a project because I was never going to get to the next milestone in time anyway - only for the project to be extended such that I would have made it if I'd stuck at it.

It ain't over 'till it's over.

By the way - first I've heard of HCC being near the end, and apparently HFCC is also nearing completion - does that mean there will be no cancer projects for the time being? I guess there are better places to ask this question - sorry.
----------------------------------------

(previously known as 'proxima' on SETI, UD, distributed folding, FaD, and Rosetta)
[Nov 14, 2011 9:59:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

alver... According to SekeRob's chart (WCG Dashboard) HCC has 42 days left and HFCC has 71 days. Please note that this is only an estimate and can change (people leaving/switching projects, projects slowing/starting, etc). Don't know if either of these projects will be extended.

CJSL
I follow the Gimli philosophy: "Keep breathing. That's the key. Breathe."
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Nov 14, 2011 12:54:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:

Agreed with all those who have said "never give up until it's over". More than once in the past, I've dropped a project because I was never going to get to the next milestone in time anyway - only for the project to be extended such that I would have made it if I'd stuck at it.

It ain't over 'till it's over.

By the way - first I've heard of HCC being near the end, and apparently HFCC is also nearing completion - does that mean there will be no cancer projects for the time being? I guess there are better places to ask this question - sorry.

HCC will have a phase two.
HFCC still has at least one more target to complete and we haven't even finished the current one.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF 4C/8T 3.2 GHz - 85W
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 4C/8T 2.0 GHz - 28W
Intel Z3740 4C/4T 1.8 GHz - 6W
[Nov 14, 2011 2:51:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I am cranked at full power with 20 cores switched to this.. lets see how far I can go.. doing about 300 results in a day here..
[Nov 15, 2011 2:36:31 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Talk of Expected Completion date of HCC

Yesterday I changed my project list to 100% HCC after getting two yoears with DSFL. That's 12 cores running full time for HCC. I don't want to change to GFAM until HCC(1) completes. Then I will move all my resources to GFAM.

I changed the topic back to "Re: Talk of Expected Completion date of HCC" since having it say "Only 52 left..." will change all the time.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Nov 15, 2011 6:11:20 PM]
[Nov 15, 2011 6:06:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Can we have you sign here:

I, going by the alias "dkt", commit without any possible revocation, to compute HCC(1) non-stop until it's finished, finished, officially.
(An X suffices :-)

--//--
[Nov 15, 2011 6:25:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Can we have you sign here: X

I, going by the alias "dkt", commit without any possible revocation, to compute HCC(1) non-stop until it's finished, finished, officially.
(An X suffices :-)

--//--

Thanks,
Dave
[Nov 15, 2011 6:34:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Got 20 cores to HCC blew over 300 results today, after I get 5 years here switching to HFCC did my 2 years for DSFL for now as well. like the new socket 2011 cpus but I am not planning to upgrade unless 8 or 10 core CPUs somehow come out.. 20 threads a box... that would be insane crunching.. not going to server model CPUs.. which you can have up to 32 Cores a box with 2 CPU packages..
[Nov 16, 2011 2:30:20 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KWSN - A Shrubbery
Master Cruncher

Careful what you agree to DKT. I have a feeling Sekerob knows more than he is letting on. (Well, that is guaranteed) But this talk about the GPU application being specifically for HCC1 and they haven't even begun beta testing would indicate to me that the 40 whatever days remaining on the dashboard are in no way indicative of the future plans for the project.

We know you know that we know you know. What we don't know is what you can't tell us and you can't tell us that. Guess the hints and reasoning will have to suffice until we get more official word. Hope I haven't blown your secret too wide open...

Distributed computing volunteer since September 27, 2000
[Nov 16, 2011 5:16:36 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

When I said HCC(1) it was to specifically say that I would dedicate 100% of my computer power to HCC. I think it would be HCC2 where there would be a GPU application and I am interested in seeing how that works out on my systems. I just bought an EVGA graphics card for a system where the display kept dropping out and bringing the system down. It has 2 GB of RAM:
Serial Number : 1112232059002845
Part Number : 02G-P3-2059-KB
[Nov 16, 2011 6:04:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 230   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread