Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2444 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
A number of WUs are in PV, but both wingmen show Pending Valid

Is there some reason I am seeing this situation when all wingmen for the WU have a status of PV. When I have seen this for other projects, an option was presented to retry the validity. Could it be that this has already been presented to the other wingmen which is why I don't see that option? Or is the server hung up in trying to change PVs to Valid?
[Dec 4, 2011 1:54:57 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: A number of WUs are in PV, but both wingmen show Pending Valid

Hello dkt,
I only have 1 GFAM unit like that. The wingman returned his result 49 minutes after the last validation cycle. I suggest waiting another 10 hours and see if the next validation cycle catches it. Since there are more than one validator processes running, sometimes a validator crashes and some people are not validated while others are.

Lawrence
[Dec 4, 2011 3:23:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nasher
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

i have noticed 4 PV like that myself i wont worry till its been 3 or so days
----------------------------------------

[Dec 4, 2011 6:39:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thanks all...
[Dec 4, 2011 9:55:29 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Yeah sometimes it's only takes a few minutes other times a few days if there is a huge backlog or server trouble.

I wouldn't worry about it unless it's been over a week stuck on pending.
[Dec 5, 2011 1:25:24 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

The *try validating* (TV) process is described in the Start Here FAQ's, item 1-S-4, so I wont paraphrase what's in there and get it wrong. Worst case scenario, a complete quorum flag to schedule validation can get stuck [if no-one tries and the validator is not on (un)scheduled outing] till after the original deadline passes, which is when the scheduler checks if an extra copy needs to be send out... (X days as per the Deadline FAQ).

TV wont appear immediately when last quorum required result is returned, but from observation it nowadays appears sooner than early on when the facility was implemented. Often it would not show until after the midnight stats run. The short message: Your result is save and you will get acknowledged one day on your My Grid page, 99.99999999% without fail, the other 0.00000001% might just need to be patient.

--//--
[Dec 5, 2011 1:00:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

... did I jinx the place? The midday stats look a little short [45-50 CPU years]. Something is happening in the weekend, the nightly spill figure giving it away. Again it was above 2 CPU years for the last 00:06 UTC run, where the six minutes before lockout is in a good run 1.75 days years, often very close to that.

--//--

edit: strike days, insert years
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Dec 5, 2011 2:24:28 PM]
[Dec 5, 2011 1:21:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

One of our backend servers decided it deserved a 12 hour holiday last night. It was a short break but it is now back online and working to catch up on the backlog.
[Dec 5, 2011 2:18:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sk..
Master Cruncher
http://s17.rimg.info/ccb5d62bd3e856cc0d1df9b0ee2f7f6a.gif
Project Badges:

Are you sure this has not been happening more than just one night?
Pts generated:
24th ~140K
25th ~130K
26th ~140K
27th ~140K
28th ~150K
29th ~90K ???
30th ~90K ???
1st ~140K
2nd ~100K ???
3rd ~100K ???
4th ~140K
5th ~50K (mid day) ???

Unless my overly high WCG credit (table below) is being systematically being nibbled away; 2days nibbled on, one day gnaw free?
[Dec 5, 2011 5:40:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I had a similar proportional [above table ]pattern, but I know I was the cause. 'Gnaw free' then for the readers to be translated to catch-up, to be sure.

--//--
[Dec 5, 2011 6:29:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread