Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 62
Posts: 62   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17473 times and has 61 replies Next Thread
mikey
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: New Project Beta test v6.05 Issues Thread

Seven boxes, 26 cores, snagged a whopping two Beta tasks. (Let's see, seventy-five y.o. now; at this rate, if I live to a full century, perhaps I'll log a month's worth of Beta work ...)

Both completed normally. 3h30m on Q9550 (stock speed).

Don't worry us 60 year old 'whipper snappers' will pick up the slack!!
----------------------------------------

[Apr 14, 2012 2:51:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Weather is clear, the Beta'€™s are go, the pad is ready; are we clear for launch on Monday? (Rhetorical question). I am ready for a trip to the Chesapeake Bay and some soft-shell crab ... yum, yum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chesapeake_Bay

Counting down ...

cowboy

[Apr 15, 2012 4:04:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Ha, just picked up a repair job for a No-Reply from the 5 April batch. It's exactly 10 days since (i.e. the deadline duration).
BETA_ cfsw_ 0000_ 00000438_ 2--  - In Progress  15/04/12 19:05:22 19/04/12 19:05:22  0.00 0.0 / 0.0 
BETA_ cfsw_ 0000_ 00000438_ 1-- 604 Pending Validation 05/04/12 19:42:17 07/04/12 02:08:28 4.04 70.0 / 0.0
BETA_ cfsw_ 0000_ 00000438_ 0-- - No Reply 05/04/12 18:59:38 15/04/12 18:59:38 0.00 0.0 / 0.0
I notice that mine is running as version 6.05 even though the originals were 6.04; I guess I can understand that.
For the wingman who has already waited 8 or 10 days to add his 4.04 hours to his Beta total, you'll have to wait just a few hours longer.
[Apr 15, 2012 7:32:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
XSmeagolX
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Any information about the start of this project??
At the project page they wrote, that the launch at WCG will be on April, 16th... So today... :D
WCG-Team Captain of Team SETI.Germany

(official Partner of World Community Grid)

[Apr 16, 2012 4:55:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

XSmeagolX, I can tell you that it will not be launched today.

We are working towards launching the new project. But I can not give you a time or date officially. If you follow the forums you will see when the project goes live as there will probably be a welcome post and a badge hunting post that happen soon after it goes live.

As for this past beta, everything went well and things are looking good. Thank you all for your help and participation.

There are still beta work units that are in progress, please let those run to completion as we will be sending these results to the researchers for extra verification.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Apr 16, 2012 5:08:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wierzbowa13
Cruncher
Poland
Project Badges:
tongue Re: New Project Beta test v6.05 Issues Thread

My Intel atom is crunching two betas. Estimated completion time is about 31hr, currently 68% done. Are you waiting for me to finish those? ;-)
[Apr 16, 2012 5:34:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

wierzbowa13, you're on my list...jk, there are plenty of others out there. It is due to the 10 day deadline i placed on the results initially as pointed out earlier. This is not an issue, just letting people know that we plan to use these results and they will be sent to the researchers.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Apr 16, 2012 5:37:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

XSmeagolX, I can tell you that it will not be launched today.

We are working towards launching the new project. But I can not give you a time or date officially. If you follow the forums you will see when the project goes live as there will probably be a welcome post and a badge hunting post that happen soon after it goes live.

As for this past beta, everything went well and things are looking good. Thank you all for your help and participation.

There are still beta work units that are in progress, please let those run to completion as we will be sending these results to the researchers for extra verification.

Thanks,
-Uplinger

Thanks for letting us know as it does help us. Even NASA has delays ... wink

[Apr 16, 2012 7:40:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
XSmeagolX
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Thanks for this Info, Master....
Always nice to Smeagol and answer his questions....

So,there is time left for me to pass the 5year milestone on dsfl.... Maybe at the next Update.... ;-)
WCG-Team Captain of Team SETI.Germany

(official Partner of World Community Grid)

[Apr 16, 2012 8:39:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bearcat
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Was preparing for a possible today launch by clearing out my cache. Will be patiently awaiting, cough cough, when it's ready to go.
Crunching for humanity since 2007!

[Apr 16, 2012 9:58:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 62   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread