Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2153 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
NightBlade
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Feature Request: Device Stats Numbers

Hi,

I would like to request a feature. Under the "device statistics" page (My Grid > Device Statistics), I can see the list of active devices (by default) along with total runtime and points.

I would like some sort of "active" runtime/points (eg. yesterday's, average of the last seven days, etc.) -- something, anything, to give me an overall idea of how my hosts compare to each other.

I tried using bam.boincstats.com, but it's never been able to give me reliable stats (most of my hosts show zero, or all of my score on today's date). WCG-specific comparisons would be better for me anyway.
----------------------------------------

[Oct 2, 2013 3:01:56 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Feature Request: Device Stats Numbers

BAM does it for me [for those clients that are presently attached to BOINCStats, which is 1 for last day / week / month]:

Host list

380849 xxxxxxxxxx 7.2.16 2013-10-01 / 21:11:22 318:13:49 School 1,387 16,142 71,946

The last update time stamp is a bit strange, but think it's related to the configured contact frequency... 24 hours.
The profile associated is wrong, but that is to be expected since WCG is not fully BAM enabled [now there's something for these 2 new hires, or is it 3 not seen before names I noted in one spring science paper amongst the WCG team credits, to develop on the interface side]. I'd say, same as the global stats which has choice of cumulative and yesterday.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Oct 2, 2013 3:23:54 PM]
[Oct 2, 2013 3:22:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

You should post this in the Suggestion/Feedback forum, it is not really a support matter wink
[Oct 2, 2013 3:41:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ErikaT
Former World Community Grid Admin
USA
Project Badges:

This thread is being moved to Suggestions/Feedback forum.

Thanks!
ErikaT
[Oct 2, 2013 4:13:28 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thanks Erika biggrin
[Oct 2, 2013 4:15:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NightBlade
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Thanks for moving it.

@SekeRob I guess BAM works for you. For me, most of my hosts show "0" for daily/weekly/monthly numbers. I hope someone will (eventually) get around to this.

[Oct 2, 2013 4:18:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I find Free DC Stats useful. Scroll down to see my host lists.....
http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=user&proj=bwcg&name=3373
[Oct 2, 2013 4:54:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

These are your stats, but, you have obviously chosen not to show your hosts......if you change that then they will show as mine do biggrin

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=user&proj=bwcg&name=499251
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Oct 2, 2013 6:16:35 PM]
[Oct 2, 2013 6:16:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

One of the things we are doing on the website work (that is the follow on work to the user study) is creating new ways to visualize some of the statistics that we have about your contribution. We will look at incorporating a way to visualize the performance of your different devices.
[Oct 4, 2013 1:19:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NightBlade
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Thanks @knreed, that's great.

[Oct 4, 2013 4:10:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread