Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14040 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Paul Schlaffer
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
No new tasks - Error with scheduler message [Resolved]

I am receiving the following error messages, and no new tasks are downloading. This is a new one (for me):

[error] Can't parse file info in scheduler reply: unexpected XML tag or syntax
[error] No close tag in scheduler reply
----------------------------------------

“Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.” – James Madison (1792)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Paul Schlaffer at Dec 14, 2013 11:36:20 PM]
[Dec 14, 2013 3:13:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: No new tasks - Error with scheduler message

That's an Oh Oh. The techs still, by this report, have not found the bug that causes this. If you mail them a copy of the 2 WCG scheduler files from the BOINC data directory, copy right after you get a new tag error, they might be able to trace this.

Myself, have not had this since a very long time. The newest clients have some code fixes to overcome this issue.

Edit: The two file names are and on Windows usually reside in C:\ProgramData\BOINC (could be hidden):

sched_reply_www.worldcommunitygrid.org.xml
sched_request_www.worldcommunitygrid.org.xml
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Former Member at Dec 14, 2013 3:26:16 PM]
[Dec 14, 2013 3:22:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Paul Schlaffer
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Thank you Rob, the files have been sent.

“Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.” – James Madison (1792)
[Dec 14, 2013 3:56:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Paul,

If you don't want to wait all weekend and the problem persists after a client restart, upgrade to 7.0.67, the last WCG specific code audited build available: http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dl/wcg_boinc_7.0.67_windows_intelx86.exe . This is a 32 bit version, but handles 64 bit sciences just fine. Maybe WCG will come with a 64 bit client in the future, but presently there's no need. The client does really nothing but just ordering jobs... no processing.
[Dec 14, 2013 5:17:06 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Paul Schlaffer
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I didn't want to make any system modifications, as I have a 7.28 Beta which has been running for 40+ hours now. Anyway, when I checked a few minutes ago new tasks were downloaded. Strange...

Since this now appears okay, I'm going to mark this resolved.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Paul Schlaffer at Dec 15, 2013 2:53:27 PM]
[Dec 14, 2013 11:35:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MStenholm
Advanced Cruncher
Denmark
Project Badges:

I got the same problem with 7.2.33 and a change to 7.0.67 and a restart didn't solve it.

Win7x64, W3760.

[Dec 15, 2013 2:17:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Yes, I have (94) of these in my task list that are stuck trying to "report" on a rig that has been running fine for weeks with no config changes. On that rig, I'm running 7.0.27 under Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I have tried stopping and restarting the Boinc Manager (twice) and it has no effect. Have also shut down the rig and did a cold boot with no change to the (94) tasks stuck in "ready to report" status.

Looking at my log, I see the exact same error that is reported in the first post. I'm not having any issue running current tasks and also have a (1) day queue of WUs "ready to start".

I have another rig running the same Linux OS (Ubuntu) version and same version of Boinc Manager, and it does not have this problem. My Win7 rig is running Boinc 7.0.25 and does not have this problem.

So, is this really a "problem" or can I just ignore it and hope that it rights itself at some point?

PS: The only project that I'm running on all (3) of my rigs is MCM.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Dec 15, 2013 2:20:36 PM]
[Dec 15, 2013 2:19:11 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

See reply in other thread you posted same. You [most very likely] have to limit the concurrent reports if too many ''Ready to Report' have accumulated.
[Dec 15, 2013 3:01:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
deltavee
Ace Cruncher
Texas Hill Country
Project Badges:

I had the same problem. Being impatient, I uninstalled Boinc, deleted the Boinc folder in the program data folder, then reinstalled Boinc. Brute force method but it got 'er done.

[Dec 15, 2013 3:14:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
3rkko
Advanced Cruncher
Finland
Project Badges:

I have this same problem. My machine is now idle because I can't download new work.
| Requesting new tasks for CPU and NVIDIA
| update requested by user
| [error] Can't parse workunit in scheduler reply: unexpected XML tag or syntax
| [error] No close tag in scheduler reply

[Dec 17, 2013 1:58:28 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread