Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 203
Posts: 203   Pages: 21   [ Previous Page | 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 42557 times and has 202 replies Next Thread
Brummig
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 2022-08-19 (Networking Issue Update)

I can't see anything wrong with the stats. I'm screaming up the league table even if I don't return any results, and that suits me just fine. biggrin
[Sep 1, 2022 4:28:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I can't see anything wrong with the stats. I'm screaming up the league table even if I don't return any results, and that suits me just fine. biggrin
Can't see anything wrong? Did you open you're eyes?

Sorry, but the problem with the user/project stats is obvious since the first test WUs were being send back in June...

Ralf

PS: Sorry, if you tried to be sarcastic, you need to work on your delivery... wink
----------------------------------------

[Sep 1, 2022 5:12:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Brummig
Cruncher
Project Badges:

@TPCBF Did you notice the smiley at the end of my comment? That is a long-standing, standard means of indicating a comment on a forum is intended as a joke. I think it's you who needs to put in the work.
[Sep 2, 2022 10:54:31 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
psmith95
Cruncher

I am also seeing units download and upload without assistance. What I would like to know is if they have made progress in improving the network situation, where is the announcement telling about that progress? Why do they refuse to continually not give us timely updates of what is going on on the project, good or bad?
[Sep 3, 2022 3:39:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I am also seeing units download and upload without assistance. What I would like to know is if they have made progress in improving the network situation, where is the announcement telling about that progress? Why do they refuse to continually not give us timely updates of what is going on on the project, good or bad?

A question which has been asked and not very fully answered.Good and timely communication would be most welcomed.
Edit: Perhaps they have nothing to say yet. smile
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sgt.Joe at Sep 3, 2022 4:36:26 PM]
[Sep 3, 2022 4:35:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jake1402
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Network issues again...babysitting downloads last 2 days...not even close to full restart
Join the Chicago-IL-USA team!
2 AMD FX 8320/AMD R9 270X/Win 10
2 AMD FX 8320/AMD RX 560/Linux Mint 20.3
Intel Pentium G240/AMD R5 240/Win 10

[Sep 8, 2022 1:36:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SpekAal
Cruncher
Nederland
Project Badges:

It's not fun like this
1 download file stuck at 4 hours
[Sep 9, 2022 10:55:09 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wildhagen
Senior Cruncher
The Netherlands
Project Badges:

Not only the downloads are failing now, even the uploads start to fail more frequently than before.
[Sep 9, 2022 12:02:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KerSamson
Master Cruncher
Switzerland
Project Badges:

Not solving the download and upload issues properly is not only annoying for the contributors, it is finally a significant wasting of energy on both sides: by Krembil as well as by the contributors.
My machines experience during the last days multiples files (1 kB large or less) requiring more than 24 hours (sometime over 30 hours) for being successfully downloaded after numerous retries.
Such troubles cause the machines to run (at least partially) dry with long list of pending downloads and at the same time, it creates "traffic jam" by the queues on the Krembil servers. Additionally it causes unnecessary network load for nothing.

Dear Krembil team,
you have to realize that the electricity costs are currently dramatically increasing for the contributors. Keeping the machines on-line for nothing, only struggling with upload and download activities is simply wasting of energy and member's money.
If you continue to have reliability problems with the WCG platform, your problems will be quickly solved because the contributors will rapidly disappear.
I can understand the challenge represented by such a huge move. However, we are over 6 months later and nothing is going well beside the delays.

Please take care of the members since without members WCG will not exist further.

Yves
[Sep 10, 2022 8:15:38 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

I have had a whole day without a connection owing to Kaspersky banning the connection due to the expiry of the website certification. Back now!

Yesterday should have been the last day of the certification so they were a bit premature.

I presume it has now been renewed.

Mike
[Sep 10, 2022 9:11:25 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 203   Pages: 21   [ Previous Page | 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread