Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 283
Posts: 283   Pages: 29   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 51153 times and has 282 replies Next Thread
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: It's International restart your Windows Cruncher day

Hi Dagorath

this will cheer you up

Your podcast has been downloaded 66 times since 4th June.

4 times already today and we've only just made it onto the podcast search engines.

The numbers on your video will keep ticking upwards applause

Dave
----------------------------------------

[Jun 15, 2006 11:01:42 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Podcast thinking
Cuss Gates thinking
idea idea idea

hugs Once again, you are my muse hugs
[Jun 15, 2006 12:00:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

Dagorath you've been downloaded 8 times today

You have been seen in Canada, Mexico, The UK and Florida biggrin

How was your trip?

Dave

[Jun 15, 2006 7:51:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Dave, the trip was wondeful! It's the only way to travel, really. Before I knew I was gone, here I was back again shock

I hope to do it again tomorrow biggrin
[Jun 15, 2006 8:57:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Bill Gates to Leave Microsoft in 2 Years
By Nate Mook, BetaNews - June 15, 2006, 4:49 PM

Microsoft chairman and Chief Software Architect Bill Gates announced in a press conference Thursday afternoon that he would be shifting priorities, leaving his full-time position at Microsoft in two years to focus his efforts on the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

Microsoft CTO Ray Ozzie will take over Gates' role as Chief Software Architect starting immediately. "Over the next two years, Ray and I will work side by side to ensure a smooth transition," Gates said. "Over time, he'll take on the central role for architectual leadership at Microsoft.'

Gates reitered that he is not retiring from the software business, calling the change a re-ordering of priorities. "With greath wealth comes great responsibility," he said. "A responsibility to give back to society."

Gates will retain his position as company chairman and spend some of his time at Microsoft.

"I want to spend more time on foundation efforts in the future," Gates explained. "After careful consideration, Steve and I have agreed to announce a two year transition plan...We have a great team of people and I believe we can make this transition."

Microsoft's Craig Mundie will become Chief Research and Strategy Officer, and will assume Gates' role with Microsoft Research. "Craig will also manage Microsoft's intellectual property and policy issues," Gates said.

"Obviously this decision was very hard for me to make....Even as I prepare to shift my focus in July 2008, I know Microsoft is well positioned for success in the years ahead." Gates said that he will "miss working for Steve every day as I have over the past 26 years."

"Bill may reduce his time here but his imprint on the company will never diminish," said Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. "We will continue his tradition of thinking big and executing even bigger."

In the near term, Gates will be taking a 7 week vacation -- the longest he says he has been away from Microsoft -- in Africa and "enjoying the Seattle summer." Ballmer noted the vacation was earned long ago, and is unrelated to the career transition announcement.
[Jun 15, 2006 9:39:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Senile old farts of the world ....uh.....uh..... nevermind
Project Badges:

Every worm writer, virus writer and hacker should pause in solemn reflections at this event. They owe their entire existence to this man.
Join/Website/IMODB

[Jun 15, 2006 10:42:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

hear hear
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Jun 16, 2006 2:48:34 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

It was that one last cuss that broke the camels back shock

What are we going to shout at a Blue Screen now? When that patch needs the PC to be restarted? When your PC just hangs and then for no good reason starts working again 5 minutes later? When you just can't get the autonumbering to work in Word? When you can't answer that call on your Windows Powered Mobile and it takes longer to start your phone than your PC? Who will we blame when the XBOX 720 launches without any XBOX 720's?

It's been fun all the way from DOS Windows 3.1 Windows for Workgroups, NT3.51 Windows 95, NT4, Windows 98, Windows 2000, ME (why why why), XP, Windows 2003

From 16bit to 32 and now 64bit Computing From 4Mhz to 4Ghz, hard drives from 20Mb to 1/2 Terabyte

and still not enough memory when you have fitted a gig biggrin

Roll on next year we might see a new Vista

[Jun 16, 2006 7:36:18 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

We are the Gates's....resistance is futile
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Jun 16, 2006 12:13:21 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

Kentucky and also Central Missouri State University today Dagorath

What's keeping you

[Jun 16, 2006 3:05:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 283   Pages: 29   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread