Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14961 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
anhhai
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
anymore target1 WU coming in the future?

Not sure if this has already been asked (I didn't see it anywhere), but does anyone know if there will be anymore target1 WU? or more small WUs? There are good on my 10 yr old pc.
----------------------------------------

[Sep 7, 2010 4:15:30 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: anymore target1 WU coming in the future?

I received a single target01-WU yesterday at 13.30 UTC. This was one out of 75 WU the last three days. I don't know if there will be any further target01-WUs. I think target01-WUs are a big exception today, which depend on how many older target01-WUs have timed out.

The target02-WUs are taking longer since yesterday. I need five instead of four hours to crunch.
[Sep 7, 2010 6:48:40 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Refer to posts by uplinger on the batch numbering. The sizes will be 3 (that we know now), each either target01, target02 and target03 sized, with subs starting with 001 through 999 i.e.

target01-00100001 through target01-999999999

Receiving today a target01, 1 out of 75 suggests it's a repair job. The Result Status page WU quorum detail has the definitive answer.
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Sep 7, 2010 6:56:58 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nanoprobe
Master Cruncher
Classified
Project Badges:

I'm sure there will be more. I have a machine that was off line for about 6 days but is running now. It still has 119 WUs in cache that are due tomorrow. If there is a grace period they might get done.
In 1969 I took an oath to defend and protect the U S Constitution against all enemies, both foreign and Domestic. There was no expiration date.

[Sep 8, 2010 12:39:51 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

Refer to posts by uplinger on the batch numbering. The sizes will be 3 (that we know now), each either target01, target02 and target03 sized, with subs starting with 001 through 999 i.e.

target01-00100001 through target01-999999999

Receiving today a target01, 1 out of 75 suggests it's a repair job. The Result Status page WU quorum detail has the definitive answer.

Sek, I am afraid to inform you but that information is already out of date :( It is my fault for not updating my previous post...but the new scheme is like this. BBBBBWWWR. so, it's more like 000010010. Where 00001 is the batch number. 001 is the work unit and the remaining 0 is actually a random number between 0 and 9. The researchers have asked us to instead of making 1,000,000 work units per target to make up to 99,999,999. So we changed it to handle up to 99,999,999 just in case :). Target03 is on hold right now as we are working on getting all the results that have finished thus far back to the researchers. Already over 217,000 results (217 batches) have been completed. :) So we will be on target02 for longer.

As for the original question, we shall not see target01 again. There may be smaller work units in the future, but this I do not know.

Hope this helps,
-Uplinger
[Sep 8, 2010 2:37:26 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
anhhai
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

thx uplinger. I have 1 old machine and I don't like it running long tasks.

[Sep 8, 2010 3:36:58 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

thx uplinger. I have 1 old machine and I don't like it running long tasks.

Try updating now. I got 14 target1 (_1) WU today, on a Q9650 @3.0 GHz
[Sep 9, 2010 1:48:15 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
anhhai
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

justed checked getting all target 2s. Maybe there are mixed or you got repair jobs. I will check again in a few hrs.

[Sep 9, 2010 2:16:07 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread