Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 84
Posts: 84   Pages: 9   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 116966 times and has 83 replies Next Thread
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: To Project Scientists: Clean Energy Project Phase 2 - Limited Cruncher Participation

hope you made it through you social and familiar duties without too much pain and suffering . We all have to obey to the higher powers every once in a while.
laughing

Got lucky ... some "events" cancelled due to severe weather here. wink

cowboy
----------------------------------------

[Dec 19, 2010 8:16:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: To Project Scientists: Clean Energy Project Phase 2 - Limited Cruncher Participation

Our friends at IBM found a small glitch in the recently improved upload protocol which resulted in larger result files being blocked on our servers. Thanks to the Harvard Research Computing team for the quick fix and let’s keep our fingers crossed that everything now works as it should.

cowboy

[Dec 23, 2010 2:51:03 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

@cleanenergy: Despite the recent start of a participation drive, CEP2 seems to have fallen from ~15 years/day to ~13 years/day. crying
Are there any improvements in process to make this project more cruncher friendly? confused
Cheers!
cowboy

[Jan 26, 2011 3:11:55 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
anhhai
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Dataman, I don't believe the recent decrease in CPU run time is due to people having problems with the project. It is more likely due to the fact that WUs are finishing faster then normal. If you look at Sekerob's chart (link below), you will noticed that while the run time has decreased, the overall WU processed as remained steady. Most people have limits set on how many CEP2 WU are allowed in their cache at a time. So decreasing the run time of each CEP2 WU will reduce the time for the project, but the same amount of WU are finished.
I recently found that a majority of my wingman's WU and mine are existing out with 0x05, thus reducing the crunch time per WU. I don't know if it is by designed or not, since cleanenergy did say that shorter WU were being rolled out.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,29475

[Jan 26, 2011 4:44:43 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 84   Pages: 9   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread